Short Crust and Puff Pastries
- Foods containing yeast irritate the lining of the stomach and may cause flatulence
- Eating sugar boosts insulin levels, which in turn significantly increases the load on the pancreas that has just “woken up”. This may lead to diabetes.
Yogurt and Other Fermented Milk Products
- If you eat yogurt on an empty stomach, then hydrochloric acid, formed in the stomach, kills the lactic acid bacteria. So eating such products for breakfast has little benefit for your body.
- Crude fiber found in pears can injure delicate mucous membranes on an empty stomach
- Tomatoes contain high levels of tannic acid that increases acidity in the stomach. This can lead to gastric ulcers.
Cucumbers and Other Green Vegetables
- Raw vegetables are rich sources of amino acids. However, they can cause heartburn, flatulence and abdominal pain, especially when consumed on an empty stomach
- If you eat bananas when your stomach is empty, this will lead to a sharp increase in the amount of magnesium in the blood. This may harm your heart
- Spicy food can cause damage irritation to gastric mucosa and increase acid production in your stomach. This contributes too many common disorders of the digestive system.
Cold Carbonated Drinks
- Drinking carbonated beverages in the morning can damage your mucous membranes and reduce the blood supply to the stomach. As a result, food digests more slowly
- Citrus fruits are rich in fruit acids. When eaten on empty stomach, they can cause heartburn and also increase the risk of gastritis and even gastric ulcers.
- It creates a protective coating around the lining of your stomach which prevents hydrochloric acid from causing damage to the stomach walls. Oatmeal also contains soluble fiber which is beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels in your body
- Buckwheat gently stimulates the digestive system. It is also an excellent source of protein, iron and vitamins
- It helps to remove toxins and heavy metals from your system, normalizes intestinal microflora, and give you a feeling of satiety for a long time
- Two tablespoons of wheat germ provides you with about 15% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin E and 10% of the recommended daily value of folic acid. It is also helps keep your digestive system running smoothly
- Researchers have found that eating eggs for breakfast can cut your daily calorie intake significantly
- Eating watermelon on an empty stomach provides you with a good amount of fluid. Moreover, it is good for the health of your eyes and heart, due to its high levels of lycopene
- According to recent research, eating blueberries on a regular basis improves your memory and regulates blood pressure and metabolism, especially if you eat them for breakfast
Whole Grain Bread with No Yeast
- Carbohydrates and other useful nutrients found in bread are necessary for your body. The best time to eat this product is early in the morning
- Nuts, if eaten for breakfast, improve your digestive health and normalize the pH in your stomach
- Honey helps to awaken your body in the morning and provides strength and energy to your system. This product also boasts your brain activity and increases the level of the ‘feel-good’ hormone, serotonin